12-Minute Chicken & Broccoli
When I saw this post from Gimme Some Oven it went straight to the top of my list of recipes to try. What’s not to love about a quick and easy recipe right? I am constantly trying to find quick, easy and healthy meals to add to my weekly menu. This recipe is all of the above and then some and has now earned a top spot in my quick weekly meals category! I hope you enjoy this dish as much as we did.
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. seasme oil
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tbsp. corn starch
- 1 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 11/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs, chopped (about 4-5 thighs)
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1/2 cup thinley sliced green onions
- 1/2 tsp. sesame seeds
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl combine the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, honey, ginger, corn starch and olive oil. Whisk until combined. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat add the olive oil. Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken the chicken is brown and almost cooked through.
- Once the chicken is brown, add the broccoli and stir to combine. Add a additional pinch of salt and pepper to season. Continue cooking for an additional 3 minutes, until the broccoli is bright green. Stir in the sauce and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until the sauce thickens. Remove from the heat and stir in the green onions and sesame seeds. Serve immediately. I served mine with brown rice, but a side of quinoa or noodles would be great as well.