While I am working on some tasty recipes for future posts, I thought this would be a good time to share my trip to NYC.
I have been to New York City before, but it has been about 15 years (gasp) since my last trip. The first time I visited NYC, it was love at first sight. I could not get enough of this city – it is absolutely magical. On my first two trips, I was more of a tourist. I had to ask people directions, wasn’t sure how to hail a cab, and maybe got a little lost. This trip was a totally different experience. I went with my friend, Kristin, who actually lived in the city for a few years, so it was like I had my own personal guide to show me how to be a real New Yorker. Blah..blah..blah..enough of the back story. Here are some fun and exciting things we did:
Last week, I was asked by a local CBS affiliate station WDEF in Chattanooga to do a cooking segment on their morning news show. They were looking for a local blogger to share a few Super Bowl snack recipes. I was very thrilled and honored that I was chosen for the segment. I wanted to do 2 different recipes, so I decided on my Ham and Cheese Puffs, which are always a huge hit, and Red Gold’s Black Bean and Corn Salsa. I was so nervous, but it was so much fun. It was really fun to meet the anchors, Jeff Legge, Deanne Newton and Chip Chapman. They were all so sweet and accommodating. The best part was being backstage of a TV news show – I got to see how it all comes together!
It has been quit a busy month for us! I got a promotion at work (YEAH) that has kept me SUPER busy, I celebrated a birthday (luckily not a big one), and the kids have been so active and cute as ever as you can tell. Here is a look of just some of our fun for the month!
1. Lucy has become quit the ham lately.
2. I made this cute farm cake for a friend at work. I was really happy with the results.
3. Jacob and his buddy Sullivan at a baseball game, these two have been buds since the beginning of time.
4. Checking my work e-mail late one night and after I turned off the computer I thought this made a pretty neat shot.
5. and 6. Birthday flowers from my new boss and my sweet husband! I am truly blessed with wonderful people in my life!
Ok I have to admit, I am having a hard time with my photography at the moment. The time change has really hurt my ability to take good quality photos in the evening – which is when I make dinner!!! This is very frustrating! I do have a few things that I could blog about, but they are not things that I want to blog about at the moment. I refuse to let my readers down, so I am taking a little break for about a week to refocus my goals for the remainder of the year. Don’t fret I will be back next week fully refreshed. I am really enjoying this blog and I really do have tons of things to share with you! I am also looking forward to the new year and all the things to come! I am always open for suggestions and comments so please connect with me here. In the meantime I thought it would be nice to share with you some of the things I am loving at the moment!
Wow! We have had a super fun and busy October! We took our babies to the beach for our first family vacation! We had a few silly moments and we wrapped the month up with a fun Halloween! Can’t wait to get started on November!
- This was when we first arrived! We had been watching the weather channel like crazy a few days before the trip due to tropical storm Karen. Luckily, the storm broke up. It did leave behind some huge waves that you can see in this picture.
- Lucy loved the beach! We brought a blow-up pool for her to play in. It was a big hit!
- Jacob and I having some time alone on the beach while Lucy was napping.
- Jacob LOVED playing in the sand!
- I had to mark our trip with a message in the sand!