Ham & Cheese Puffs
Shame on me for leaving this recipe a secret for sooo long. This is one of the easiest appetizer recipes I have ever created. Gosh, I think I came up with this recipe 10 plus years ago. I remember I needed to bring a dish to a gathering and I was seriously short on time. After scouring my pantry and refrigerator for ingredients I came up with this recipe according to what I had on hand. They were a huge hit and I have made them many times since then.
This past weekend we were invited to some friends house for a Halloween light show and thought I would whip up a batch to bring along as a treat. These awesome treats were devoured in minutes with people begging for the recipe. I’m so glad they are super easy to make, next time I will be sure to make 2 batches!
- 1 pkg. refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 envelope Ranch dressing mix
- 1 8oz. pkg. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl add the cream cheese, egg and the ranch dressing mix. Mix the ingredients with a hand mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the diced ham and shredded cheese. Mix with a spoon until well combined. Set aside. On a lightly floured surface unroll the crescent rolls. Lightly dust the top of the rolls with flour. Roll the crescent rolls until about 1/8 inch thick. Using a pizza cutter or a knife cut out 36 1 inch squares Place each square in the bottom of a mini-muffin pan. Spoon 1 tbsp. of the cheese and ham mixture on top of the dough square. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Depending on what size mini-muffin pan you use will determine how many batches. I have a 24 count and this recipe yielded 1 and 1/2 batches for my pan.