everything snack mix
This snack mix is…well, everything! I made this for our family game night not too long ago, and it has been a hit ever since. I love the wasabi peas it adds a little kick. Our all-time favorite snack mix is this Original Chex Mix – with a kick. I make it several time a year and I usually make a double batch for the holiday’s when we have a house full of guests. This one is a great alternative and is really different than the traditional.
- 4 cups honey nut cereal, such as Chex
- 2 cups salted pretzel sticks, hollows, or squares
- 2 cups grooved Cheddar crackers, such as Cheeze-it
- 1 cup wasabi peas
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- One package ramen noodle soup, noodles broken into pieces, seasoning packet reserved
- 8 tbsp. (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, pretzels, Cheddar crackers, wasabi peas, peanuts and crushed ramen noodles.
- In a saute pan, melt the butter, then stir in the ramen seasoning packet and grated Parmesan. Pour over the cereal mixture and toss to coat. Spread evenly between the 2 baking sheets and bake until the mixture is fragrant and the cheese is melted, about 12 minutes. Let cool and serve.